Thursday, September 17, 2015

I'm starting to develop a bit of Trump anxiety

My scarily-accurate representation of Donald Trump. The mouth should be bigger, though.

What if it happens? What if Donald Trump actually manages to brag and boast and bluster and blunder his way into the Oval Office in 2016? I think it could happen. I mean, under normal circumstances, blatantly insane "outsider" political candidates like this are brought down by their own scandals, public gaffes, and embarrassing statements. But what scandal could possibly derail the Donald's already scandal-besmirched life by this point? What hasn't he already done? And public gaffes and embarrassing statements are what he's all about. He feeds on them. The things which weaken other candidates actually make him stronger. He's like a Bizarro Superman who thrives on green Kryptonite. When I said recently that Trump could be the first person ironically elected to the presidency, I was only half-joking. I honestly think there are people who will vote for him just to see what would happen if he were elected. As if this great nation of ours were some kind of backyard science experiment!

Perhaps some humor will alleviate my Trump anxiety. In that spirit, I give you a video by a very talented editor named Dominic Nero. It is tastefully titled "Trump Dumps." If you have a strong stomach, enjoy.